The world's incredible open pit mines, the ninth picture is a bug like existence
1. Milne diamond mine in Russia is a huge whirlpool cave, which is one of the largest open-pit diamond mines in the world. The entrance of the cave is 1200 meters in diameter and 525 meters in depth, equivalent to 161 floors high. The depth of the spiral burrow has made the magnetic field inside the earth and the air above the earth's surface form a strong airflow. If a light aircraft flies over it, it can be sucked into the cave.
2. Bingham Canyon gold and copper mine, located in Bingham Canyon, Utah, USA, is the largest and deepest open-pit mining field on the earth, with a depth of 1200 meters and a width of 4000 meters, covering an area of 1900 acres (about 7.69 square kilometers). It mainly produces gold, silver, copper and molybdenum, and is one of the most productive mines in the world.
3. Karguli gold mine, Australia. A huge "super pit mine" with an annual output of 800000 ounces (22.67 tons) of gold. The mine is 3.5 km long, 1.5 km wide and 570 m deep.
4. Kimberley diamond mine. Located in Cape Province, South Africa, the legendary largest hand dug pit, 1097 meters deep, produced more than three tons of diamonds before it was closed in 1914.
5. The daivik diamond mine, located in the northwest territory of Canada, was originally mined in 2003 and can produce 80 million carats, or the equivalent of 1600000 kilograms, of diamonds a year. Originally an open-pit mine, underground production began in early 2010. By 2012, daivik's open-pit mining had stopped and had become a fully underground mine.
6. Ekadi diamond mine is the first open-pit and underground diamond mine in Canada. It is located in the northwest territory. It is also called "brother mine" together with davico diamond mine which is a stone's distance from it. It is only 200 kilometers away from the south of the Arctic circle. The surrounding climate is cold and the environment is extremely hard. To enter the ekadi mine, people still have to go through the breathtaking ice and snow roads. But the huge interests still drive people to work in such a bad environment. According to statistics, in the ten years from 1998 to 2009, the miners mined 45 million carats (about 8000 kg) of diamonds in this mine.
7. Located in Papua province, Indonesia, Glasberg mine is the world's largest gold producer and the third largest copper mine in the world, with an annual output of more than 58 million grams of gold, 170 million grams of silver and more than 610000 tons of copper.
8. The chugicamata copper mine in Chile is the world's largest producer of copper. The mine is 850 meters deep. In prehistoric times, people began to mine here. The annual production capacity of copper concentrate is 510000 tons and the output is about 450000 tons. With the depletion of resources, the exploitable life of the main mining area is 10 years, but the resources of other ore bodies nearby are enough for 40 years.
9. With a history of more than 35 million years and a diameter of more than 100 kilometers, Russia's papigei meteorite crater has an estimated diamond reserves of more than one trillion carats, which is 10 times larger than the total reserves of the world's known diamond mines. It can meet the demand of the global gem market for 3000 years. It is worth mentioning that the ore of this mine is called "impact drill", which is from the impact of meteorite and other extraterrestrial objects on the existing diamond ore, and its diamond hardness is twice that of ordinary diamond. Because of their unique physical properties, they are more popular in high-tech and industrial markets. (it's just a bug) Note: This paper comes from metal mines, Come on! I'll show you later~~~ Beautiful scenery of mining area passed by Haiwang people
"Karguli super mine"
The blue sky within reach
Last article: Haiwang three product dense medium cyclone with pressureless feeding and its customized technology upgrading
Next: no more